SCF Small Cell Awards 2019 – the ultimate badge of excellence
Now in its 11th year the SCF Small Cell Awards continue to be upheld as the industry recognized standard of excellence. Open to the whole industry, SCF members and non-members, the awards play a vital role in showcasing the highest levels of innovation in small cell technology and best practice in deployments around the world. Previous winners include; Nokia, Huawei, Vodafone, Parallel Wireless, Cisco, BT, Commscope, Intel and Qualcomm.
“The SCF Small Cell Awards has been rewarding both commercial and technical innovation and achievement for over 10 years now. In that time, they have reflected the huge changes in our industry, with small cells moving to center-stage as dense networks become the norm for 4G and 5G.”
Caroline Gabriel, Chair of the Judges
As we move into the era of 5G our industry is changing rapidly. Small cells used to be all about indoor coverage, but today small cells are finding vital roles in every aspect of network design, not least to provide capacity for incoming 5G. They will be the enablers of IoT innovations and 5G businesses cases globally, and they are bringing connectivity to rural and remote scenarios. To reflect the changing nature of, and technology within, the industry we have added three brand new categories to cover topics such as 5G migration, SON and Orchestration and RAN.
The wait is over and we can reveal to you the winners of the SCF Small Cell Awards 2019!
Our category winners represent the depth and breadth of the industry and the diverse and impressive developments in small cells in 2018 and 2019.
Congratulations to our winners:
1. Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Urban)
Airspan Networks and Sprint
AirStrand the world’s fastest deployed outdoor small cell
2. Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Enterprise)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Supercell helps deliver great cellular service to the middleprise
3. Excellence in Commercial Deployment of Rural, Remote and Temporary Small Cells
Parallel Wireless ALL G software enabled Open RAN connects on 6 continents
4. Software and Services – management, automation and orchestration
Bence Command, ip.access, Druid Software, CellAntenna Corporation, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Critical Communications via Portable LTE Small Cell Network helps Emergency Services save lives and protect the environment
5. Development of the new architecture providing a clear path to future networks (5G, hyperdensity, vRan)
Need for extreme capacity and the promise of 5G mmWave
6. Commercial Small Cell Design and Technology (Network & Xhaul)
SK Telecom’s World 1st 5G NR RF Repeater commercialization for 5G Coverage Extension
7. Outstanding Innovation in Small Cell Technology or Architecture
mmWave coverage with 5G innovation supporting small, scalable and cost-effective infrastructure
8. Outstanding Innovation in Small Cell Business Case
Dense Air – Unlocking the economics of small cell deployment
9. Outstanding contribution to open RAN and core platforms and ecosystems contribution to open RAN and core platforms and ecosystems
Remote Radio Unit product supporting 7-2 VRAN Fronthaul Network
10. Social Impact – Promoting Small Cells for Social / Economic / Environmental Development
Dense Air and Dublin City Council
Enabling Neutral Host Small Cells providing unrivalled benefits to the city, mobile operators and citizens
Sprint and Harmen
Beyond connectivity solution, a fresh approach to driving value into the small cell offer.
Individual Contribution to SCF Activities
Clare Somerville, Intel
Samel Celebi, Qualcomm
For their leadership and technical contributions to the development of SCF’s 5G FAPI initiative, enabling agile networks capable of incorporating innovation.
Graham Payne, Digital Colony
For his relentless promotion of the neutral host business model, especially in the context of connectivity for Enterprise.
21 May sees the return of the SCF Small Cell Awards Gala Dinner
- The evening provides an opportunity to network and celebrate with your peers and industry colleagues
- Enjoy a three-course gourmet dinner, with wine and celebrate the industry’s achievements at the SCF Small Cell Award Gala Dinner where the winners will be announced